Wednesday, March 4, 2009

What the hell did you just say?





When I came across this video after a friend sent it to me, I nearly peed my pants laughing. I thought it was brilliant! Than I realized that sometimes I feel like people need a dictionary to understand me

The Oxford Dictionary has approximately
171,476 words in its complete edition, but even that pales in comparison to the considerable amount of slang found in hip hop, let's take one example

The word sick in standard english suggests being of poor health e.g. "I am sick"

In hip hop culture, the word sick is used to show an interest or liking to something, "that is sick"

There are tons more examples to consider, but demonstrates the malleability of language. Either way, I love slang and i'm sticking to it......kn'aw mean??

No comments:

Post a Comment