Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.......right??

So I went to the Campus Rec gym and hit the weights for the first time in ages yesterday! I felt like superman, breezing through set after set...invigorated and PUMPED...until I woke up the next morning and my body felt like it had been crushed by a wrecking ball. It's a good kinda pain though, you know?

There's TONS of machines to work with at the new rec centre, it's awesome, and even offers an indoor track! Nothing compares to a great workout, and especially considering exam season is creeping up for most of us it works well as a de-stresser as well.

It's really important to make sure you have a solid meal after a good workout to replenish your body and load it with nutrients to help it recuperate (might I suggest the Banana Bread Shake??)
and most of all.........REST! Resting is KEY!

And of course, I gotta leave you with some wise motivating words from the Governator himself



No comments:

Post a Comment