Monday, February 9, 2009

Mopey? You've been MUMPED!!

UWO along with many other Ontario universities have recently put in a mumps awareness initiative, and are encouraging students to drop by campus health clinics for a free vaccination.


The mumps, characterized by swelling and pain in the salivary glands according to the middlesex health unit, is a threat to those aged 17-37 who have been targetted as the main victims of infection. Although thee are no immediate threats from contracting the mumps, if left untreated increases the likelihood of other diseases such as brain infection.

Since the symptoms are prevalent, make sure that you go get checked out to be safe. Wouldn't want to miss out on the beautiful weather we have been having the last few days...especially considering spring break is RIGHT around the corner.

1 comment:

  1. OK, so I had really swollen glands recently, and I remembered that there was an outbreak of mumps..so, I totally freaked and started wikipedian it...and I totally thought I had it...turns out...I DONT ...PHEW...but i am totally ill! lol!

    ReplyDelete